Donate New or Gently Used Items
How to make a donation
To make a donation, bring your items to one of our facilities or collection sites! Before you come, be sure your donations are on our list of accepted items, and follow our donation checklist below. If you are donating a car seat, be sure to visit see our car seat-specific instructions. If you’ve already made a donation, you can download a tax receipt here.
Collection Sites – donate your goods here!
Full List of Accepted Items
How To Donate a Car Seat
Donate Through Our Amazon Wish List
How we distribute your donations
WestSide Baby provides children’s essentials to local families by partnering with established local social service agencies already assisting low-income families. Agencies order items from us and deliver them to families who are homeless, living in transitional housing, or simply in need of a little help during a difficult time. We are not able to do “direct service” to families but work instead through our agency partners.
Everything we collect is inspected, sorted and stored in our operations center in the White Center area of Seattle, Washington. Once the items have been evaluated, they are used to fill the wish lists of service care providers such as food and clothing banks, public health nurses, family support workers, and DSHS social workers. These service providers work directly with families and are able to assess their most urgent needs.
Current List of Most Needed Items – Winter 2018
- Packs of wipes!
- size 5
- size 6
- 4T and 5T pull-ups
- Regular strollers (strollers that recline and are safe for newborns)
- Strollers with rain covers!
- Car Seats (must be less than 6 years old and have not been recalled)
- Sleepers & pajamas
- Sleepers & pajamas
Size 6 +
- Hygiene items (wipes, wash, shampoo, lotion, powder, diaper cream)
- Batteries (AA and D)
- Baby Monitors
Donation checklist – The 4 C’s !
- Clean – Make sure clothing and equipment are clean.
- Complete – Include all pieces and parts to equipment, children’s games, and toys. Instructions for cribs and straps for highchairs are necessary before we can pass them along. If you have them, please include them.
- Compliant – Please throw away or order kits for equipment that has been recalled or that is missing pieces. For information on product recalls, visit the Consumer Product Safety Commission at www.cpsc.gov.
- Considerate – Please bring items to designated collection sites or to our location during business hours. We can’t accept donations left outside our facility and then have to pay to dispose of the items.
Thank you for supporting WestSide Baby. Your donated items are helping us keep children safe, warm, and dry.