Donate New & Gently Used Items
WestSide Baby provides basic items to babies and children (ages 0-12 years) throughout Western King County in need by partnering with social service agencies working with families in need.
Notice: As of March 13, we will be suspending operations to in-kind donations of items at all WestSide Baby collection sites.
In lieu of volunteering or donating at this time, please consider making a financial contribution online. Generous support during this uncertain time will allow us the certainty to deploy emergency resources to meet children’s needs now and fill a critical gap year-round. Read more about our response to COVID-19 here.
You can donate at either of WestSide Baby’s locations or at a collection site convenient to you!
WestSide Baby Locations
White Center Hub
10002 14th Ave SW, Seattle, 98146
(206) 767-1662 (mainline)
Monday – Friday: 9am-4:30pm
Our donation bin is located outside of our 14th Ave. facility off of SW 100th St.
South Lake Union
435 8th Ave N, Seattle, 98109
South Lake Union Donation Hours:
Monday – Friday: 9am-4:30pm
Other Donation Locations
- Diapers & Pull-ups (even opened packages!!)
- Baby shampoo and soap
- Diaper cream
- Books (especially board books)
- Bottles and sippy cups
- Plastic/non-breakable dishware
- Front carriers and slings
Clothes & Bedding:
- Children’s clothing (newborn – kids size 14/16)
- Shoes up to youth size 6
- Towels and washcloths
- Blankets and bedding (crib/toddler size only)
Instructions are incredibly helpful. Donations MUST have all parts, straps, be functional and not recalled/expired. Thank you for your help in keeping children safe.
- Baby Monitors
- Baby swings
- Baby backpacks
- Baby bathtubs (no bath seats)
- Bed rails
- Bouncey seats
- Bumbo seats
- Car Seats (less than 6 yrs old are re-usable)
- Changing table pads (and covers) – no rips
- Cribs – both portable and full size (no DROP SIDE cribs)
- Crib mattresses (clean, free of stains and rips)
- Diaper pails
- High chairs and booster chairs (with straps)
- Potty chairs
- Strollers (with straps) *no joggers, please
- Safety gates
- Safety/baby proofing items
- Step stools
- Toddler Beds
- You can donate toys & books to WestSide Baby!
- Must be compact enough to fit in an airline overhead compartment
- Must have ALL parts and pieces bundled together
- Cannot have been recalled
- Working batteries requested
- Please donate in a semi-organized way. (No boxes full of tiny pieces!)
We do not accept:
- Adult/maternity clothing, breast pumps, or baby food.
- Handmade or handpainted items
- Jogging strollers
- Child/play furniture or large toy items
- Recalled items including Rock n Plays and drop-side cribs
Everything we collect is inspected, sorted and stored in our White Center Hub and South Lake Union Branch, both in Seattle, Washington. Once the items have been evaluated, they are used to fill the wish lists of service care providers such as food and clothing banks, public health nurses, family support workers, and DSHS social workers. These service providers work directly with families and are able to assess their most urgent needs.
Yes! We accept gently-used car seat donations
In 2017, we were only able to fill 47% of car seat requests from the families we serve. Your donated car seats can help keep another child safe in car accidents, one of the leading causes of death and injury in children. We accept car seats that can be reused. Each donated seat is checked using a process designed by a Certified Car Seat technician to ensure its safety prior to redistribution.
Donated seats MUST meet the following requirements:
- For Infant Car Seats: Donated items must be at least 6 months from the expiration date. Expiration dates are typically 6 years after the manufacture date. This date is often located on either side or under the car seat on a sticker.
- For Convertible/Combination/ Booster Car Seats: Donated items must be at least 1 year from the expiration date. Expiration dates are typically 6 years after the manufacture date. This date is often located on either side or under the car seat on a sticker.
- Have not been in an accident. Please attach a note with your name and contact information including the following statement: “This car seat has not been involved in a vehicle accident.”
- Have not been washed with harsh chemicals, like bleach. Although we love to receive clean items, bleaching the straps impacts the webbing, as it easily frays, allowing children to come out of the seat in a crash.
In addition, whenever possible, please visit the Consumer Product Safety Commission at www.cpsc.gov to quickly review whether your seat has been recalled. You may be surprised. Many issues can be addressed by ordering a part (usually free of charge from the manufacturer). This individual effort on your part allows us to move items safely and quickly.
Why the restrictions?
Car seats are made of mostly plastic, which decomposes over time due to fluctuations in car temperatures, use, and rough handling. As it breaks down, the integrity of the seat is compromised. In some cases, it can actually do more harm than not being in a safety seat at all. At present we are unable to recycle unusable or expired car seats – we are currently working to establish a new partnership and will update once this option is available.
We accept donations of diapers, pull-ups and wipes and are always in need of these items! Did you baby grow out of a size mid-pack – we will take whatever is remaining!
Your diaper donations get redistributed in bundles of 45 and distributed to a child in need!
We accept donations of clean cloth diapers covers in good shape.
- Clean – Make sure clothing and equipment are clean.
- Complete – Include all pieces and parts to equipment, children’s games, and toys. Instructions for cribs and straps for highchairs are necessary before we can pass them along. If you have them, please include them.
- Compliant – Please throw away or order kits for equipment that has been recalled or that is missing pieces. For information on product recalls, visit the Consumer Product Safety Commission at www.cpsc.gov.
- Considerate – Please bring items to designated collection sites or to our location during business hours. We can’t accept donations left outside our facility and then have to pay to dispose of the items.
Yes! They are available at most WestSide Baby collection sites or you can download it here.
WestSide Baby is a 501(c)3 non-profit founded in 2001 located in Seattle, WA.
EIN # 91-2124405
Thank you for supporting WestSide Baby. Your donated items are helping us keep children safe, warm, and dry.