Donate New & Gently Used Items
WestSide Baby provides basic items to babies and children (ages 0-12 years) throughout Western King County in need by partnering with social service agencies working with families in need.
Car Seat Drive
Help us keep children safe–we’re having a car seat drive! Here’s how to help:
- Donate your new or used car seat
Saturday, April 17, from 11 am-2 pm
White Center Hub & South Lake Union Branch
- Purchase car seats to ship to us directly through our Amazon Wishlist
- Spread the word and encourage others to donate!
Car Seat Details
Donated seats MUST meet the following requirements:
- For Infant Car Seats: Donated items must be at least 6 months from the expiration date. Expiration dates are typically 6 years after the manufacture date. This date is often located on either side or under the car seat on a sticker.
- For Convertible/Combination/ Booster Car Seats: Donated items must be at least 1 year from the expiration date. Expiration dates are typically 6 years after the manufacture date. This date is often located on either side or under the car seat on a sticker.
- Have not been in an accident. You will be asked to sign a waiver stating that this car seat has not been involved in a vehicle accident.
- Have not been washed with harsh chemicals, like bleach. Although we love to receive clean items, bleaching the straps impacts the webbing, as it easily frays, allowing children to come out of the seat in a crash.
- In addition, whenever possible, please visit the Consumer Product Safety Commission at www.cpsc.gov to quickly review whether your seat has been recalled. You may be surprised. Many issues can be addressed by ordering a part (usually free of charge from the manufacturer). This individual effort on your part allows us to move items safely and quickly.
Why the restrictions?
Car seats are made of mostly plastic, which decomposes over time due to fluctuations in car temperatures, use, and rough handling. As it breaks down, the integrity of the seat is compromised. In some cases, it can actually do more harm than not being in a safety seat at all. At present we are unable to recycle unusable or expired car seats – we are currently working to establish a new partnership and will update once this option is available.
Phase II at WestSide Baby
At this time, due to our limited staffing under Washington’s Phase 3 order, we are only accepting donations of unopened diaper boxes, hygiene products such as wipes, soap, shampoo, and diaper cream.
South Lake Union Branch Drop-Off
Mondays, 10 am – 2 pm
White Center Hub Drop-Off
Wednesdays, 10 am – 2 pm
We appreciate your patience as we monitor our safety policies to center the wellbeing of our staff, volunteers, and community. Please read our FAQ to learn more about how WestSide Baby is distributing your donations during this time!
In lieu of volunteering or donating gently used items at this time, please consider other ways you can support families in our community:
Thank you for supporting WestSide Baby. Your donated items are helping us keep children safe, warm, and dry.